Tuesday, May 10, 2011

HOW TO DRAW EARTH AS A SPHERE IN MS WORD

MICROSOFT WORD DRAWING PROJECT No. 16  (PART 1)

TITLE :  HOW TO DRAW DIAGRAM OF EARTH AS A SPHERE  IN MS WORD

TYPE  :  MATHEMATICS DIAGRAM

(This diagram shows the location of three points, P, Q and R on the surface of the earth. O is the centre of the earth. The longitude of P is ………….)

The mathematics diagram above is created using the following tools in AutoShapes: Oval, Arc, Line, and Freeform line. Although diagram like this can be drawn in Paint, I still feel that drawing mathematics and science diagrams in MS Word has its advantages. First, the diagrams will always remain sharp no matter how many times you edit them. In other words, images created in MS Word are not raster files and therefore do not suffer image degradation. Secondly, diagrams created in MS Word are very much easier to manage and work with especially when you are working on lesson notes and test papers in MS Word. Since I’m making my blog like a tutorial, I’ll leave it to the readers to try drawing this diagram on their own first before I reveal how the drawing is done in my next post. This sounds like a magician revealing the secret of his magic trick, eh?

2 comments:

James Imanwel said...

Hi, I would like to thank you for posting something helpful like this.
My request is, if this tutorial was in you tube would be more helpful.

Am waiting for you to post this work into you tube.


yours,
Imanwel James.

Chang Hon Woon said...

Hello James, thanks for your comment. I appreciate it very much.

Yours,

Chang Hon Woon