Sunday, February 26, 2012

HOW TO DRAW AN APRON IN MS WORD PART 2

MICROSOFT WORD DRAWING PROJECT No. 35

TITLE:   HOW TO DRAW AN APRON IN MS WORD PART 2
TYPE:    DIGITAL DRAWING

When I started drawing pictures using MS Word Drawing program in 2000, I only knew how to join drawing objects to create pictures. But I wasn’t satisfied with the results because the drawings didn’t look natural. Here is one of my earlier drawings which I drew in 2000. So, I had to figure out some methods to make the drawings look more realistic and natural. Instead of just giving up and accepting things as they were, I tried to tackle the problems and eventually managed to get around the problems by applying various techniques to make the drawings look presentable. One of the techniques is the masking technique that can be used to trick the eye. It is the process of covering or hiding a part of the drawing object from view with another drawing object. I use it to create an illusion and it enables me to create many kinds of drawings and effects.



In those days I used to draw like that.
A.  THE DISSECTED DRAWING
A total of 8 drawing objects were created to complete the picture of the apron.

B.  HOW TO MASK OR COVER A DRAWING OBJECT?
This section shows how to join two shapes and make them look as one unit. The trick is to hide the line that is still visible when two shapes are joined.  First, draw two shapes that are an organic shape and a rounded rectangle. Next, draw a small rounded rectangle and cover the line between the two intersecting shapes. Finally, click Format > Shape Outline > No Outline > OK.


No comments: