Friday, October 19, 2012

HOW TO DRAW A CUTTING BOARD IN MS WORD


MICROSOFT WORD DRAWING PROJECT No. 42

TITLE:   HOW TO DRAW A PLASTIC CUTTING BOARD IN MS WORD
TYPE:    DIGITAL DRAWING / ILLUSTRATION

My wife and I bought a ceramic knife set which came with a plastic cutting board. The ceramic knives which are made of zirconium oxide are indeed harder than steel. To avoid damaging the blade, cutting should be done on a soft cutting board. What interested me most was the soft plastic cutting board and I decided to use it as the subject for my next MS Word drawing project. It has a non-slip surface with a grainy texture.  Twelve drawing objects are needed to create the drawing of the cutting board like the one you see here. The Drawing tools are Oval, Rounded Rectangle and Arc. You will need to use the masking technique to create the top part. Make use of the Shape Fill and Shape Outline options in the Shape Styles group to fill the shapes with the colours and effects of your choice. After that, create the bevel and emboss effects with the Shadow Effects tool. It took me quite a while to figure out how to create this type of texture in MS Word but nevertheless, I finally managed to produce the texture effect that looks quite presentable.

No comments: