Wednesday, November 6, 2013


MICROSOFT WORD DRAWING PROJECT No. 51


TITLE:  HOW TO DRAW A SHARK IN MS WORD PART 1

TYPE:   FINE ART – DIGITAL DRAWING

It has been quite some time I updated my art blog. This post is about drawing the picture of a shark with the Drawing program in MS Word. I got the idea of drawing a shark with MS Word from one of the illustrations that I’ve done for my Form 3 Visual Art Education workbook.  From the pencil drawing that I’ve done, I finally managed to figure out how to actually draw a fully coloured digital drawing in Word. At first, I was sceptical that I could do it in Word but after trying, my effort paid off.  The picture was drawn using the Curve line tool. This tool has the ability to draw fluid lines and shapes. I used Edit Points to fine-tune the shapes and lines that formed the picture.  Finally, I coloured the subject with shades and tints of neutral colours available in the Shape Fill colour palette. 

This is the pencil drawing of a shark.


This is the digital drawing of the shark drawn by the Curve line tool. The end result should look rather natural and not so stiff.
 
 

 
 
The drawing doesn’t look that outstanding until it is coloured. I coloured it using the colours available in the Shape Fill palette. I applied the studio marker colouring technique to produce the dynamic graphics effects to make the shark look more interesting. This drawing can also be done in MS Word versions 2003 and below.
 
 

 

No comments: