Saturday, November 16, 2013


MICROSOFT WORD DRAWING PROJECT No. 51

TITLE:  HOW TO DRAW A SHARK IN MS WORD PART 2

TYPE:   FINE ART – DIGITAL DRAWING
 


Chang Hon Woon, SHARKS SWIMMING NEAR THE OCEAN’S SURFACE, 2013. Digital Art: MS Word Drawing, 10.5 x 7.5 in. (26.5 x 19 cm). Malaysia.


This is the completed digital drawing depicting two sharks swimming near the ocean’s surface. These sharks varied in sizes according to their positions in the two-dimensional space. As you can see, the shark in the foreground is larger and clearer than the one in the background that looks obscure. I am sure that readers will be able to understand the element of space much better if they draw pictures with a theme like this either conventionally or digitally. The wonder of computer graphics is that you are able to duplicate a subject as many times as you want and thus saving a lot of time.  It took me about two hours to complete this vector-based drawing.
 
 
           I took part in the EDUCATIONAL BLOGGING COMPETITION 2013 organized by SULTAN IDRIS EDUCATION UNIVERSITY (UPSI) and was selected as the 2nd place winner of the Open Category. I’d attended the prize giving ceremony at the university on 13 November 2013. The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dato’ Dr. Zakaria bin Kasa presented the prizes to the 15 winners from 5 categories. I received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7.0”) and a certificate.  Anyway, what is most important to me is the recognition that I finally got for my work on creating pictorial artwork or graphics with the word processor and how to use them for Visual Art Education lessons.  I would like to thank GOOGLE for providing free blogging platform that enables me to publish my ideas and works on this subject.

That’s me receiving the prize from the Vice Chancellor.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: